Christ's CupboardChrist’s Cupboard
Right now, millions of Americans are at risk of hunger. These are often hard-working adults, children and seniors who simply cannot always make ends meet and may be forced to go without food. (from the Feed America website)
It is this need and our desire to follow the teachings of Jesus that have led us to embark on a mission right here in Morris. The Morris Methodist Church is organizing a food pantry for the people of our community. This is quite an undertaking, and we hope that you will join us in this mission to make it a blessing for our entire community. We have included a list of ideas, but welcome any level of participation in which you feel led to provide.
- Prayer - The most powerful way you can participate is to PRAY. Please pray for the program, the volunteers, and especially the patrons receiving the food.
- Food Pantry Team Member - We welcome you becoming part of our Food Pantry Team. Please contact Pastor Judy Conner for more information.
- $$ Donations - We can purchase food at the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma for cents on the dollar, so your donations go farther than purchasing at the grocery store.
- Food Donations - You might wish to select one type of food each month to collect and donate. If you contact us saying you are interested, we will let you know the items needed to get the pantry started.
- Non-food Items - At a later date the pantry may include some items not available at the Food Bank, but are needed by our patrons. These would include diapers, toiletry items, laundry detergent…
- Volunteer - There will be opportunities to work with the patrons distributing food, organizing the food in the pantry, picking up the food etc.